The world today can be described as a place where people die, trees die, plants die, birds die, all animals die, and perhaps millions of insects of all types die. They return to the dust from which they came. During the life of human’s on earth they get sick, have diseases, mutilated bodies, poor eye-sight, are blind, and are of all types and sizes and regulated to two sexual identities – male and female.
The people on earth engage in entertainment, sports of all types, eating, sleeping, promiscuity, adultery, prostitution, incest, child abuse, homosexuality, murder, stealing, cheating, lying, cursing, hating, warfare, etc.!
They are also engaged for the most part in some type of worship; either the real God Jehovah and His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit (Which is stated in Holy writings that HE said He was a triune ONE God yet having 3 distinct persons existing in absolute UNITY, yet distinctively choosing to operate in a differing manner yet unified in such purposes. Commonly this is called the Trinity, a mystery yet that is what HE described Himself as being. A very clear record in the earliest manuscripts state such. But, the rest of humanity engages in making idols, of all types, out of wood, stone, and mortar, and worship those, along with anything else they desire in creation, birds, monkeys, or the stars, moon, or a black rock or some figment of their imagination which is formed in their own minds that a god should be like, mostly one made in their own image, rather than vice versa!
THAT IS THE WORLD TODAY! BUT WHAT OF THE WORLD TOMORROW?
But now, the real God has His people who worship Him in spirit and in truth. They will one day be with Him and this next world will be totally different than this world today.
1 CORINTHIANS 12:31 – 14:1 – REVEALS HOW THAT WILL BE OPERATING. Paul the Apostle under the guidance of the Holy Spirit wrote these words:
It states, “But now let me show you a way of life that’s best of all.” Rather than quote the actual word for word revelation, I have chosen to list what the characteristics of the people will be like in contrast to what they are like today!
The God of the Bible gives him some words concerning what people usually try to do to make their own life acceptable to God, and even though they are good things, God say’s they will not provide what they are wishing and wanting, that is eternal life and knowing God. This things are as follows:
1. Able to speak in all known languages. 2. Gifts to tell the future. 3. Understood all of God’s secret plans. 4. Possessed all knowledge. 5. Having all faith. 6. Give away everything you have. 7. Sacrifice their bodies by death or denials of wants and desires.
By doing all of those things above which from a human level seems to be great and good, but if they are done WITHOUT GOD’S LOVE OPERATING WHEN YOU ARE ENGAGED IN IT, THAT IS, GOD GIVING YOU THE GIFT OF AGAPE LOVE (THE HIGHEST FORM OF LOVE THERE IS), THOSE THINGS ARE LIKE DOING NOTHING AT ALL. THEY HAVE NO VALUE BEFORE GOD AT ALL. ONE CAN’T GET INTO HEAVEN WITH JUST THOSE THINGS HAPPENING, FOR THEY HAVE TO BE TOTALLY WRAPPED UP IN GOD’S AGAPE LOVE, WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN OUR NORMAL LOVE WE OPERATE BY. Our love for the most part is based on either selfish type love, a love like lusting for things or someone, or a type of love for a spouse or a child. God’s LOVE is higher than those.
Let’s look at how His love operates and how it actually is when it functions. It is:
1. Patient 2. Kind 3. Not jealous 4. Not boastful 5. Not proud 6. Not rude 7. Denies one having their own way. 8. It is not irritable 9. Keeps no record of being done wrong 10. Does not rejoice about injustice 11. Rejoices when the truth wins out 12. Love never gives up 13. Never loses faith 14. Always hopeful 14. Endures in all things and circumstances of life.
All that will last forever is faith, hope, and love but the greatest is love. Faith and hope will stop one day since that which was hoped for and which one had faith in relating to God and Christ coming back and changing everything will be fulfilled, but LOVE WILL LAST FOREVER IN HEAVEN WITH GOD.
So God says through Paul tell them this; “Let LOVE by your highest goal”!
After reading the above one can see we can’t measure up to the Law of Christ which is to “Love God with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength, and your neighbor as yourself. On these hang all of the rest of God’s commandments.”
These means we must have a Savior, a God who can change us and make us holy, righteous and sacred enough. We can’t do it for we are impotent and actually don’t really want to do it perfectly.
So, God provides us a way. He sent His Eternal God Son into the World to live a holy, pure and sacred life without sin, then be nailed to a cross as a common sinner and evil person (God laid upon HIM the sins of God’s chosen people) who would die for those HE loved, and then IMPUTE (put upon another) HIS own righeousness and holiness so that the Father God will be satisficed that they ae worthy in Christ as His people to be with them in heaven one day. So, God chose and called and saved His people and wrote their names down in the book of life before the foundation of the world and shed His blood for them. It was a penal atonement made in their place by Christ. So now we repent, confess our sins and call upon Him for salvation from God’s wrath and with those gifts given to us by God we are able to become the sons of God and spend eternity with Him – that is the Gospel or the good news! So, come home and be saved by the Father through the work of the Son and the gift of the Holy Spirit.
IN THIS WORLD WE WILL HAVE PAIN, SUFFERING AND TRIBULATIONS!
So, we do find we sing, we speak, we move about, we engage in conversations with others, we play musical instruments of some type, we shout, we engage in worship all the time, we love, we enjoy things, we are amazed, and on and on we could go about the things God will have us doing. In some places it speaks of us as ruling and reigning with Christ. ALL things are PUT under His direct control that were formerly allowed to exist and operate in a “do it their way” mode. But no more! He puts them all down under His own feet so to speak! I am sure we will be doing something in terms of carrying out God’s purposes and plans in eternity which will make our forever time very much a perfect and satisfying time and place to be with Him forever. I can’t quite get my finite mind around it all but it will awesome to say the least!! It was so awesome to Paul the Apostle who saw the kingdom of God that he wanted to go on and be there right away. So too we should be looking up to the heavens all the time thinking and desiring the City of God above more than the trinkets and things here which will pass away and be no more!!
Peter the Apostle, was given the revelation of what we are to Expect from Heaven next! Notice his writing in 2 Peter 3: 7-13;
“But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for Fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (Notice that when we are heaven with Him we will be in a zone which does not operate the same as here on planet earth now – that is a time zone like here is not existing anymore). Verse 9 – The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(Remember that the the LORD is giving Peter this message in context to the Jewish and some Gentile believers and His time for coming is designed to NOT COME until the LAST elect person is saved. The “any” and the “all” are those that HE calls and saves and brings into His kingdom. I other words, HE is not waiting and wringing has hands hoping that all lost sinners will eventually be persuaded and get saved, but rather, that ALL who He has and will call, choose, and redeem will be completed on His timetable)
Verse 10, “But the DAY of the LORD WILL come as a thief in the night in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore seeing these things will be dissolved what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, Looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. Nevertheless we according to His promise look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”
Now, some key elements in Peter’s revelation;
- The time will come suddenly and quickly without any prior warning or announcement.
- The last elect and chosen person will be saved and forgiven and placed into the body of Christ.
- The Day or Coming of Christ down to this atmosphere and earth, will bring Judgment upon all evil people and upon Satan and the fallen angels (demons).
- The atmosphere and heavens and the planet earth will dissolve and burn up and melt.
- He will through all of that, make a new heavens and a new earth in which dwells perfection and righteousness. In other words, NO LOST SINNER WILL BE WALKING AROUND ON PLANET EARTH. NO MORE DEATH, DISEASE, DECAY, SIN, ETC., BUT ONLY SPIRITUAL BODIES IN A NEW EARTH AND NOT JUST A PORTION IN SOME MIDDLE EASTERN PORTION AS IT IS TODAY, BUT RATHER THE WHOLE EARTH WILL BE RESTORED AND GIVEN TO THE SAINTS ALONG WITH CHRIST AT THIS NEXT COMING.
- NO more Temple of brick and mortar, and no more sacrifices of animals, and no more sinful wicked people and leaders around at all. Peter would have told us so if such were going to be that way. Paul the Apostle tells us we will all be caught up into the clouds with Christ as He is coming down, and this all takes place with us with Him. New Jerusalem will come down on the Restored Earth out of heaven and in that great City of God we shall be! Also, He judges people after that and apparently he brings them all from the place called hell and conducts the final judgment, and casts them all with Satan into the Lake of Fire. THIS IS WHAT PETER SAID WE ARE TO BE CONSTANTLY LOOKING AND THAT MEANS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID.